Project AWARE’s philosophy is to mobilise a global force of scuba divers and water enthusiasts who care about protecting the world’s water resources and choose to make a difference – one dive at a time.
By earning the Project AWARE Specialist certification, you’ll be aware of the most pressing problems facing vulnerable aquatic environments and know what everyday actions you can take to help protect them.
Anyone who has an interest in the aquatic world should take this course. There are no prerequisites, age restrictions or water sessions required for this non-diving specialty.
Through classroom discussions, you learn:
- How Project AWARE unites scuba divers and water enthusiasts to make a difference.
- About environmental issues in the ocean commons and coastal zones.
- About fisheries challenges and sustainability problems.
- What’s happening to coral reefs and reef inhabitants.
- Your role in protecting aquatic environments.
Your certification fee also helps to support Project AWARE and the vital work they do to conserve our ocean environment, so it’s a great way to support Project AWARE whilst learning more about your role in protecting our underwater environment.
This is a full PADI Specialty, and for divers counts towards your Master Scuba Diver qualification.