The PADI Tec 45 course is the second part of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver program, and is where you start using a full technical diving rig to make accelerated decompression dives using enriched air or pure oxygen.
You will learn to plan and execute repetitive decompression dives using a single decompression cylinder, and extend your depth limit to 45 metres/145 feet.
What will I learn?
Your PADI Tec 45 course consists of three knowledge development sections, three practical application sessions, and four open water dives.
Building on what you learned in the PADI Tec 40 course, you focus on the function and maintenance of tec diving equipment and associated issues; you continue fine-tuning gas planning and calculating accelerated decompression stops; and you learn to think like a technical diver.
What does it involve?
To enrol in the PADI Tec 45 course, you must:
- Be a PADI Tec 40 diver
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a minimum of 50 logged dives
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation) with at least 12 dives using enriched air nitrox deeper than 18 metres
- Be a PADI Deep Diver or qualifying certification from another training organisation) with at least 10 dives deeper than 30 metres
- Have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
What is next?
As a PADI Tec 45 Diver, you’ll want to think about becoming a PADI Tec 50 Diver. Building upon what you’ve already learned, this course expands your technical diving limits further. If you book onto the PADI Tec 50 course within 14 days of completion of your PADI Tec 45 course with Immerse School of Diving, we’ll give you 10% off of the price of our PADI Tec 50 course (subject to terms and conditions).