Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with the Immerse School of Diving PADI Instructors, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level.
During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organise and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba diving. You put this knowledge into action through a structured internship or series of practical training exercises.
As a PADI Divemaster you become a PADI professional, can assist PADI Instructors, and teach certain PADI courses. Once you have qualified as a PADI professional with Immerse School of Diving, you can apply what you have learnt by assisting with Immerse School of Diving courses – invaluable experience for PADI Divemasters who aim to move further up the PADI professional ladder.
To take the PADI Divemaster course, you must be:
– 18 years old
– A PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
– A PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organisation)
– Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care certified (or qualifying first aid and CPR training from another organisation) within the past 24 months
– Have at least 40 dives to begin the course, and 60 for PADI Divemaster certification
– Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
– Own an up to date PADI Divemaster crewpak – we will provide a crewpak for you.
What can I teach?
After becoming certified as a PADI Divemaster you will be authorised to:
– Supervise both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organising and directing dives
– Assist a PADI Instructor during the training sessions for any PADI Diver course
– Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkelling program
– Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
– Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program
– If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program
– Earn the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor rating to be able to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer specialty
– Independently guide PADI Open Water Diver course students on the tour portion of their PADI Open Water course on training dives 2, 3 and 4
– Accompany PADI Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor during surface swims to and from the entry/exit point and during navigational exercises; and when the instructor conducts a skill, such as an ascent or descent, a PADI Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with an individual student or buddy team)
– Accompany student divers during PADI Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
– Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
– Conduct subsequent dives under an instructor’s indirect supervision for Discover Scuba Diving participants after participants have satisfactorily completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor
– Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing an Emergency First Response Instructor course
What will it cost me?
Our Divemaster price includes the cost of your PADI Divemaster crewpack. Once you have completed your PADI Divemaster training then you will need to pay an application fee directly to PADI (£87, as of January 2016). It is strongly recommended that you own all of your own scuba equipment, as familiarity with personal gear improves general scuba diving skills, and we can assist with advising you on any dive equipment purchases. However, you may hire equipment from Immerse School of Diving at additional charge. Because you can choose the length of your Divemaster course or internship (subject to minimum requirements), and participate in as many student teaching sessions as you prefer above the required minimum amount, your pool and site entrance fees (between £5 and £20, and discounted often with site membership) together with you air fills are not included, and are payable directly.